The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Add option to scheduler to schedule bi-weekly workflows.

We need an option to schedule a continuous bi-weekly payroll workflow. It is every two weeks starting on a certain day of a week. Some months have 3 and other have 2. If we had an option to select the starting day in a particular month and then select bi-weekly bullet (or every 2 weeks) from that date it would be perfect. thanks

5 Comments
Claje
14 - Magnetar

Adding on to this, being able to specify a number of days between each run would be really helpful.  We have some processes which run on a 30 day period, and currently that has to be manually scheduled for each run if we use the Alteryx Scheduler.

For a bi-weekly run, you could set it to run every 14 days after a certain date, which would accomplish the same thing.

wlhale
7 - Meteor

I guess technically it is possible to set the schedule to start on a certain date and then repeat every 336 hours (for bi-weekly 24 X 14). However this could be a problem when Daylight savings time starts/ends. I'm going to do this for now but i think the start on a date and repeat every N number of days or biweekly would be a better approach if it can be added.

mckeyes
5 - Atom

The maximum hours you can enter in a schedule is 99. An option for interval would be very beneficial. We have a use-case for our bi-weekly pay periods.

Nosal25
8 - Asteroid

adding a vote in the affirmative...The function would be useful for our bi-weekly pay cycles as well.

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes