Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Add metadata to YXDB

I think it would be great to add metadata to a yxdb. For example, I was back tracking and trying to figure out which module/app I used to create an old yxdb. Now I use Notepad++ and do a "Find In Files" Search. Wouldn't it be great it the module path would be available when you look at the properties of a yxdb in Alteryx?

2 Comments
cbridges
11 - Bolide

Great idea! I was just about to post this idea today and found your post. Can't believe it hasn't gotten more votes. I lose the source creation of my yxdb's all the time. I suppose the easiest way for me to handle this, until Alteryx bakes it in, is to add a hyperlink to the source yxmd into the workflow using the yxdb. Just now thought of that.

I think this is on my list of essential features because today I needed to find out where a yxdb came from, so I could update it, and it took FOREVER. Ughhhh.

And I probably have 4 or 5 workflows where that yxdb is the input source, but can I find all of them so I can re-run them and make sure they're current and modify those workflows to reference the yxmd that created the source data. Nope nope nope.

Wouldn't it be great to pull in a yxdb and run a tool like "source data" or something, and you could find not only where it came from but also which workflows depend on it?

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes