Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Add a Connector/Input option for ArcGIS Server FeatureClass

I periodically consume data from state governments that is available via an ESRI ArcGIS Server REST endpoint. Specifically, a FeatureServer class.

For example: http://staging.geodata.md.gov/appdata/rest/services/ChildCarePrograms/MD_ChildCareHomesAndCenters/Fe...

Currently, I have to import the data via ArcMap or ArcCatalog and then export it to a datatype that Alteryx supports.

It would be nice to access this data directly from within Alteryx.

Thanks!

5 Comments
StephenR
Alteryx
Alteryx

This would be amazing, however I'm not optimistic that they'll implement it.  We're still having trouble getting them to write to file geodatabases.

abrasch
8 - Asteroid

Agreed. A connector to ESRI ArcGIS Server would be very useful for any Alteryx/Esri users.

ARich
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Under Review

Hi All,

Thanks for the feedback. Please continue to star this for future consideration.

Best,

Alex

Not_That_Guy
7 - Meteor

That would be a life saver.  In addition to having the extra step of publishing through ArcGis Pro Desktop, I have to export 2 files from Alteryx (Shapefile and CSV) , then spatial join back together in Pro to avoid truncating field names.  If we could simply bring in a connector to publish direct to the feature layers in ArcGis online, that would be amazing.  

StephenR
Alteryx
Alteryx

I just put my BETA Uploader into the forums.  Let me know what you think there.