The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Add a Connector/Input option for ArcGIS Server FeatureClass

I periodically consume data from state governments that is available via an ESRI ArcGIS Server REST endpoint. Specifically, a FeatureServer class.

For example: http://staging.geodata.md.gov/appdata/rest/services/ChildCarePrograms/MD_ChildCareHomesAndCenters/Fe...

Currently, I have to import the data via ArcMap or ArcCatalog and then export it to a datatype that Alteryx supports.

It would be nice to access this data directly from within Alteryx.

Thanks!

5 Comments
StephenR
Alteryx
Alteryx

This would be amazing, however I'm not optimistic that they'll implement it.  We're still having trouble getting them to write to file geodatabases.

abrasch
8 - Asteroid

Agreed. A connector to ESRI ArcGIS Server would be very useful for any Alteryx/Esri users.

ARich
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Under Review

Hi All,

Thanks for the feedback. Please continue to star this for future consideration.

Best,

Alex

Not_That_Guy
7 - Meteor

That would be a life saver.  In addition to having the extra step of publishing through ArcGis Pro Desktop, I have to export 2 files from Alteryx (Shapefile and CSV) , then spatial join back together in Pro to avoid truncating field names.  If we could simply bring in a connector to publish direct to the feature layers in ArcGis online, that would be amazing.  

StephenR
Alteryx
Alteryx

I just put my BETA Uploader into the forums.  Let me know what you think there.