Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Add Standardization (Z Scores) to Summarize tool

Would be extremely useful if the Summarize Tool had an option in the numeric menu to Standardize the data.  More often than not, data sets will not have the same count of variables which makes the comparison analysis meaningless.  Currently, there is no easy way to Standardize the data without using the K-Centroids Cluster Analysis tool or standardize_unit interval supporting macro. 

6 Comments
KevinMcCoy
5 - Atom

I created a macro that will normalize/denormalize datasets. Additionally, it will also normalize new datasets based off of the parameters from your initial model building normalizing metrics (so that you can use an old model on new data).

It's located at Feature Normalization.

JP02
7 - Meteor
Kevin, Thanks for sharing the macro. I am new to Alteryx and trying to fully understand the macro you built. If I have a dataset which contains a score feature, with a normal range from 75-150, and I want to use your tool to normalize the data in that column, how would I do that? I have found errors in the dataset (e.g. 750) which are outside the normal range. Any assistance with your macro would be most appreciated. VR Jacob
CristonS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Not Planned

Thanks for your feedback! Due to the existence of the gallery macro referenced above, there are no plans to include this feature.

CristonS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Accepted

Gualigee
8 - Asteroid

Hi @KevinMcCoy, Can you please tell me where I can download such tools?

JamieHankins
7 - Meteor

I would also be interested in this macro, but the link does not seem to work?