The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Add SSD as technical requirement/recommendation

Hello,

From my experience, an SSD drive allows a big improvement of performance when the RAM is not sufficient and Alteryx has to swap on the temp storage location. It really changes the user experience. Also, I noted a correlation with the AlteryxProcessManager::Start : ConnectNamedPipe :  error : I think it happens less with a SSD.

Given that, shouldn't be a requirement or at least a recommandation?

5 Comments
marco_zara
8 - Asteroid
I'd say it would be more useful to let the user define the timeout instead of it being automatic.
simonaubert_bd
13 - Pulsar

Hello @marco_zara : it's less a question of how to resolve the error than a question of the impact of SSD.

Basically : SSD+Alteryx is a winning couple and it worth the (very small) extra buck.

marco_zara
8 - Asteroid

There is no doubt that SSD gives great benefits but a large share of users works with data from a server or other remote platform, which suffers a lot from the error you mentions and for which a faster disk won't be of any benefit.

simonaubert_bd
13 - Pulsar

probably, I didn't have the use case and I think to my issue before all. :D

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes