Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Add Prefix to Field Names Focus

Lately I've used the 'Add Prefix to Field Names' option in the Select tool. It works great, however when you click the button to add a prefix, the new window pops up and the focus is on the checkbox. I think when this box pops up, the focus should be in the text box so the user can start typing right after they click the button. This is the same case for the Add Suffix option, too.

Annotation 2020-05-05 072010.png

Annotation 2020-05-05 072034.png

6 Comments
Hollingsworth
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

I totally agree, @Kenda. Good UI control focus is such an easy win for productivity.

ssjl
8 - Asteroid

I use prefixing to prevent field names like "Left_Right_UserName" after joins so please assume I want all fields impacted by the prefix action and remove the default selection of "Only Add Prefix to Highlighted Fields."  Either that or provide a non-administrator user option to choose the default field selection behavior.

Thanks!!!

-s

jarrod
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

thanks @Kenda for reminding me on this other Thread HERE about this UI enhancement!!! This used to be how it worked, but somewhere an update broke it...

DanHare
11 - Bolide

Great idea, was just about to post the same thing !

KylieF
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team

Thank you for your idea! We appreciate the time our users take to provide us feedback and help us improve our product. Be sure to check out our other product boards and user ideas as well as our updated Submission Guidelines.

jpoz
Alteryx
Alteryx
Status changed to: Implemented

Thank you for this suggestion! It's a small enhancement but it makes a lot of sense.

It has been implemented in Alteryx 21.2, available at http://downloads.alteryx.com/