Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Add IN-DB Append field

Please add an append fields component to the IN-Database components.  And also allow the adding of fields to the in-db formula component.  It seems to be really difficult to add a field into the data stream when using IN-DB components.  Would be good to resolve this and try to make the IN-DB components consistent with the standard ones.

7 Comments
JoeS
Alteryx
Alteryx

I like the idea of having an append field value as well.

With regards to the formula, you can use it to create a new field if that is what you are looking for?

You just enter the name you wish it to be called and then the expression.

spainn
9 - Comet

Aha just seen that!  Works differently to the standard formula component, i.e. add new field on the drop down, which is why it threw me.  Thanks for that.

JoeS
Alteryx
Alteryx

Yeah, the standard formula tool recently had the UI updated and the Formula In-DB is yet to come which is the reason for the difference.

BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi!

I've recently created an 'Append In-DB' macro which is now available in the gallery: https://gallery.alteryx.com/#!app/Append-In-DB/5ab3a06f826fd310ecda0b47

It's relatively straight to set up if you think about it.

The purpose of the append tool is to take two data streams and throw out all combinations of the values. So by simply created a field within each datastream with the value 'JOIN' and then joining on this field we get exactly this.

Ben.

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes

JMB001
8 - Asteroid

Tool exists in In-DB toolbox. Shouldn't this status change?

But the Help does not work, it links to this page: https://help.alteryx.com/MacroPlugin.htmIn-DBAppemnd.PNG

simonaubert_bd
13 - Pulsar