The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Add Hyperion Cube / Essbase as Data Source

Would like to direclty query Hyperion Cube / Essbase data source directly - please propose functionality in next release or add a user macro to the gallery.  Thanks -cb

50 Comments
James__Edwards
7 - Meteor

Added my vote. We are a partner out in HK and have been hearing from many of our clients/prospects that an Essbase connector would be great!

James__Edwards
7 - Meteor

+1

RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

A connector to Essbase would be really great. Currently we have to export data from Essbase using a report script (either Essbase proprietary language or MDX), thus creating a text file, and then loading the text file. It should be possible to use Analytic Provider Services to extract data directly from Essbase (this way different BI tools access Essbase - an MDX statement is generated and fires the data request). Implementing this should be a foundation to create connectors to other multidimensional data sources (e.g. Microsoft Analysis Services, TM/1, Jedox).

KylePeterson
7 - Meteor

Adding my vote to this as well.  We'd love to see this capability and functionality implemented into Alteryx to really accelerate our Finance and Tax functions.

janchan
6 - Meteoroid

adding my vote!

spblackshaw
7 - Meteor

And my vote!

ivan_rodriguez
5 - Atom
Hello dears. 

In the 2019 version was it already possible to read Essbase data tables?

Tnks,

GFC
5 - Atom

Please add my vote. Alteryx offer great opportunities to eliminate manual work done via Hyperion and Essbase.

jsuptic
7 - Meteor

Under review for 2.5 years... update please?

Pavel_Pankov
5 - Atom

Adding a vote, would love to have a solution to work with financial data without an overhead.