Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Add Hyperion Cube / Essbase as Data Source

Would like to direclty query Hyperion Cube / Essbase data source directly - please propose functionality in next release or add a user macro to the gallery.  Thanks -cb

50 Comments
James__Edwards
7 - Meteor

Added my vote. We are a partner out in HK and have been hearing from many of our clients/prospects that an Essbase connector would be great!

James__Edwards
7 - Meteor

+1

RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

A connector to Essbase would be really great. Currently we have to export data from Essbase using a report script (either Essbase proprietary language or MDX), thus creating a text file, and then loading the text file. It should be possible to use Analytic Provider Services to extract data directly from Essbase (this way different BI tools access Essbase - an MDX statement is generated and fires the data request). Implementing this should be a foundation to create connectors to other multidimensional data sources (e.g. Microsoft Analysis Services, TM/1, Jedox).

KylePeterson
7 - Meteor

Adding my vote to this as well.  We'd love to see this capability and functionality implemented into Alteryx to really accelerate our Finance and Tax functions.

janchan
6 - Meteoroid

adding my vote!

spblackshaw
7 - Meteor

And my vote!

ivan_rodriguez
5 - Atom
Hello dears. 

In the 2019 version was it already possible to read Essbase data tables?

Tnks,

GFC
5 - Atom

Please add my vote. Alteryx offer great opportunities to eliminate manual work done via Hyperion and Essbase.

jsuptic
7 - Meteor

Under review for 2.5 years... update please?

Pavel_Pankov
5 - Atom

Adding a vote, would love to have a solution to work with financial data without an overhead.