community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx Designer Ideas

Share your Designer product ideas - we're listening!

Add Hyperion Cube / Essbase as Data Source

Would like to direclty query Hyperion Cube / Essbase data source directly - please propose functionality in next release or add a user macro to the gallery.  Thanks -cb

36 Comments
Meteor
+1
Meteor

Adding my vote as well

Alteryx Partner

Adding my vote - how are people getting around this currently?

Meteor

The only way I have found around it is to use the Smart View Dev Guide https://docs.oracle.com/applications/smartview/710/SVDVH/SVDVH.pdf to get the functionality you need. Then create a PS or batch script and run that from Alteryx.

Alteryx Partner

So you are creating a VBA script to connect+pull--> then batch script+Alteryx to trigger. Got it

Meteor

@echentyCorrect.

Meteoroid

Upvoting, i used Alteryx for just about everything in my previous role and now that i have to connect to essbase i am constantly frustrated with my lack of options.

Alteryx Partner

Added my vote. We are a partner out in HK and have been hearing from many of our clients/prospects that an Essbase connector would be great!

Alteryx Partner

+1

Alteryx Certified Partner

A connector to Essbase would be really great. Currently we have to export data from Essbase using a report script (either Essbase proprietary language or MDX), thus creating a text file, and then loading the text file. It should be possible to use Analytic Provider Services to extract data directly from Essbase (this way different BI tools access Essbase - an MDX statement is generated and fires the data request). Implementing this should be a foundation to create connectors to other multidimensional data sources (e.g. Microsoft Analysis Services, TM/1, Jedox).

Labels