The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Add GeoPackage geospatial data format to the Input tool

As per a recent discussion (https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Geopackages-Can-Alteryx-Open-GeoPackag...), please add the GeoPackage datatype to the Input tool.

For reference, the open-source project ogr2ogr has this functionality. (https://gdal.org/programs/ogr2ogr.html)

Thanks!

12 Comments
Hollingsworth
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

@JeffVR,

While not a file format, I think that a robust ESRI REST connector is a significant need for the Spatial toolkit.

I have written a very simple endpoint downloader for my purposes. But it was written out of need, not out of scope, meaning that I only coded the bits that I needed and not a full replication of the parameters. There are also many different ways that the ArcGIS server can be organized/authenticated and sometimes I have to stop in the middle of my work and debug for an edge case

Furthermore, considering the huge ArcGIS Online community, I also think there is a need for an ESRI REST publisher/writer connector macro. This is certainly in line with the Alteryx "we crunch and then give to others for display" model that has been successful with Tableau, et.al.

Thanks for engaging us on this question!

MetteTranter
5 - Atom

Ordnance Survey are making more and more spatial data available in geopackage format only, especially output from the National Geographic Database (NGD). Being able to handle the geopackage native format both as input and output would make life much easier and tasks less time consuming as it removes the need to convert to another format first before being able use and manipulate the data in Alteryx.