Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Add Blank Space to "Visual Layout" Tool

It would be nice if you could add blank space or separators between elements in the visual layout tool. 
I want some additional spacing between data tables/charts. 

Currently, my work around is adding a blank report text box. It is not the most streamlined solution, but works. 

2 Comments
DanSmith
5 - Atom

I cant believe this has one like. In the mastery blog for the visual layout tool, you can tell what Alteryx did - they filled their page up so the footers fit nicely on the bottom. 

We produce dynamic reports and are trying to use the visual layout tool - but it's impossible to get the company logo at the bottom of the page!! 

So one table with 50 rows and your logo is 3/4 of the way down. The next page is a bar chart? Well your logos are in the middle of the page. Its virtually impossible to build business-ready reports out of Alteryx unless you have pre-defined objects on the page. 

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes