Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Ability to create Tableau extract twbx file

It would be nice to have the ability to automatically generate twbx files from a master Tableau workbook so that end users can open the file in Tableau reader.  For example, if I were creating separate CSV files with my data for each state I would similarly want to create them as a ready to consume twbx file with Tableau Reader.

7 Comments
sbruns
5 - Atom

I absolutely agree. The ability to create the .twb files now with the Output Tableau Workbook tool is awesome, but having that next step to contain the data as an extract in a .twbx file for compatability with Tableau Reader would be amazing!

rodrigraziano
5 - Atom

It would be great that Alteryx supports .twbx files in order to connect Tableau Extract Files.

hilge119
5 - Atom

I agree - it would be very useful for Alteryx to develop a macro that updates a Tableau packaged workbook (.twbx) through an Alteryx workflow.

hilge119
5 - Atom

This would help me as well, I support the idea of Alteryx building a macro to save a packaged workbook with and updated .tde file as the data source.

cmcclellan
13 - Pulsar

Definitely, I'm working on a POC currently.

ARich
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Under Review

Hi All,

Thanks for the feedback- please continue to star if you're interested!

Best,

Alex

ARich
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Under Review

Hi All,

Thanks for the idea. Please continue to star this if you have a need for it!

Best,

Alex