Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Ability to color code connector lines in workflow

As we have the option to name the connector line in the Connection-Configuration, the option to color code those lines would be of great help. 

14 Comments
simon
11 - Bolide

I second that! 

When blending data, it would be nice to color code connectors based on different attributes. For example, blue for one input, green for another. maybe maybe based on database flavor. 

Similar to what can be done in Visio... 

How about exporting a workflow directly to a Visio diagram? ;)

/S2

ivoller
12 - Quasar

I think this is a really good idea!

EllenBrown
6 - Meteoroid

I agree.  Sometimes I have what looks like spaghetti & was thinking if I could make the lines different colors, it would be easier to trace them.

Baldy
5 - Atom

Yes, color coding connection lines would be helpful in organizing the workflow for others to easily follow, and for training.  In addition to color coding connection lines, it would also be helpful if we could place/move/anchor connections lines where you want them on the workflow.

cartersperry
5 - Atom

I agree

apandey2
5 - Atom

It should be basic feature. As it helps users to understand the connection from one tool to another.

I highly recommend other users to vote this Idea

leonj
7 - Meteor

Agree that this feature would be very beneficial.

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

This would be a nice add!

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes

apandey20
5 - Atom

Great idea, it will help us to identify the various incoming side using color code.