The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

AIS - making new tools available without needing to upgrade Designer

Since the release of Alteryx Intelligence Suite (AIS) with Designer 2020.2 there have been loads of great new features added to the text mining and computer vision tool palettes. However, as I currently understand it the only way to get these feature enhancements is to also upgrade Designer as well. For example if you are running 2020.2 but want to now access the table detection feature that was released as part of 2021.3 you need to also move to Designer 2021.3.

Where organisations may only push installs of Designer every 6 - 12 months to their users, it would be great if there was a way in which AIS could be upgraded at a different cadence, either by removing the reliance on keeping in step with Designer (I appreciate this may not be possible when python dependencies depend on a particular version of python), or by making new/updates to AIS tools available on Alteryx Gallery (like what occurs with data connectors).

3 Comments
CristonS
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

thanks Chris, this makes a lot of sense.

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I absolutely agree with you @cgoodman3 

Additionally - I'd love to see Alteryx bring together all the Alteryx tools that are published here (Community Gallery - Alteryx Community) into a download that can be installed rather than forcing several thousand users to download these one by one.

AlteryxCommunityTeam
Alteryx Community Team
Alteryx Community Team
Status changed to: Accepting Votes