Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

Global Forget Missing Fields

Please add ablity to globally, within a module, forget all missing fields.

51 Comments
bct
5 - Atom

I agree

Inactive User
Not applicable

AGREED.  TOTALLY ANNOYING!

BenG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Under Review

Thanks for the idea submission.  This is something we've heard from a few customers and would like to implement.  At this point its a matter of getting it prioritized with other work.  Please continue commenting and staring this post so we can get a sense of how many people this would impact.

Thanks,
Ben

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

This would be a great right-click action in the warning box - so when you see "missing fields" you could right click in the warning box and say "forget this one" or "Forget all missing fields in workflow".

@KatieH 

RicardoCaro
7 - Meteor

This would be so helpful and time-saving!

I stopped paying attention to the missing fields on my everyday work because it's too time-consuming.

mcarrico
9 - Comet

+1 

Currently getting an error where I deleted a field from a Layout tool and am unable to forget missing fields so now I have to delete the layout tool and re-insert.  Clearing all missing fields would be great.

BMB13
6 - Meteoroid

+1

I've had this issue when trying to use the Cache Dataset. Subsequent Select tools suddenly show all fields as missing

WilliamEllestad
5 - Atom

This ability would be very helpful for me.

Ruud
10 - Fireball

Bump.

How accurate is the 'Under review'? This Idea is over 2 years old, but still relevant (to me at least :P )

_richardr
10 - Fireball

The accuracy of "Under Review" is currently "Under Review".

Did you make Global Forget Missing Fields?!?Did you make Global Forget Missing Fields?!?Slipped my mind...  How about I give you Global Forget Missing, the Godfather video and a written apology.Slipped my mind... How about I give you Global Forget Missing, the Godfather video and a written apology.