Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!
The Product Idea boards have gotten an update to better integrate them within our Product team's idea cycle! However this update does have a few unique behaviors, if you have any questions about them check out our FAQ.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Ideas

Share your Designer Desktop product ideas - we're listening!
Submitting an Idea?

Be sure to review our Idea Submission Guidelines for more information!

Submission Guidelines

2 small changes to make working with Interface tools easier

I would like to suggest 2 small changes to make working with Interface tools easier:

1) Let a user change the name of Question Constants from the workflow tab. For example, I would love the ability to change the names of my list boxes below. Currently, I can click in the name box and write new names in, but it doesn't stick.

Capture.PNG

2) Let the user add the value on the Interface tools under the Annotation tab. Currently, I drop an interface tool on, change the name on the annotation tab, and then have to go the the workflow tab to setup a value. It would be easier if the value box was also on the annotation tab:

Untitled.png

5 Comments
patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@RachelW I still think this is a good, hopefully simple, couple of ideas despite the lack of community support to date :) 

RachelW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Thanks @patrick_digan@AlexKo is looking at the interface tools, so I'll send this his direction. 

RachelW
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)
Status changed to: Under Review

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I had to laugh as I was training somebody new to apps yesterday on just how confusing it is to 1) Name the tool and 2) provide a test value when they're in different spots. It's obvious to an advanced user, but oh so confusing to a beginner.

patrick_digan
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I know this is an older idea, but I think it's still just as relevant today. It would be a nice little add!