Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

yxzp files

ahulin
6 - Meteoroid

Hello,

I am creating a workflow that pulls all meta data from a directory full of alteryx files.  I can do it with yxmd and yxwz files just fine.  My question is it possible to parse Alteryx packaged files (yxzp)?  Or is it possible to unzip the files with a macro first and then I can run my other workflow to extract the meta data.

Thanks,

Aaron

5 REPLIES 5
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @ahulin 

As far as i know its a No. Lets see if anyone else has an approach.

Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @ahulin you definitely need to unzip the file to read the .yxmd content. This might be easier with Python other than building a macro, I will try to put up something that could help 

Cheers,

ahulin
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks!  I was just looking at powershell or python solutions.  Playing around with converting to zip extension and then bringing it into Alteryx. 🙂

Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @ahulin 

I'm attaching a Python-based macro that could help. This macro unpacks .yxzp files into the same root folder and read the content from the workflow, app, or macro that is inside of it (note, only for the main asset, not from dependencies inside the yxzp file).

You just need to provide the full file path of the .yxzp file in a field. It outputs the workflow name and the XML content. From there, you can do whatever you were doing before.

Alteryx version used - 2021.2. Be careful when using with older versions because the Python version is different.

Cheers,

ahulin
6 - Meteoroid

Wow!  Thank you!  I'll give it a try

Labels