Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

yesterdays date

Borisham
8 - Asteroid

I have a CSV file with date filed on it, I would like to filter yesterday data dynamically each day. This workflow runs every day. I have tied to filter it out and this filter gets null after I changed it to date field after the CSV file.

Can you explain to me please when I am doing wrong here ?

7 REPLIES 7
afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @Borisham ,

Have you tried to filter using the datetimenow function?

[DateColumn] = DateTimeAdd(DateTimeNow(),-1,'days')

This funtion as it is set up right now will take only rows which have yesterdays data.

Regards

Borisham
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @afv2688 

How should I use in this function ? can you explain this please ?

My workflow looks like

1. CSV file (event-date)

2. Select, all the fields type as V_String and I have changed the event-date to Date field in order to help me to filter this field.

3. at this point - all the data in this field look like NULL and I don't get why

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @Borisham ,

Unless the data is formated using the ISO standard (YYYY-MM-DD) Alteryx won't be able to understand the dates and will fill them with nulls.

Could you give me some date examples you have in the column to be able to give you a formula to translate it?

Regards

Borisham
8 - Asteroid

Hey, for instance, it looks like 25/01/2021 on the CSV

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @Borisham 

I have set up this little workflow where I first convert to date and after do the filtering.

If you need anything else let me know.

Regards

Borisham
8 - Asteroid

Hey, Sorry, I have just checked it again and it still finds these values as null

can you have me please ?

It is become as null on the multi-field formula

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @Borisham,

Does the metadata show the date column as "Date" after the multifield formula?

Is it happening to every row or just to some of them? there may be something interferring (some character)?

Would it be possible to share a few lines of your csv with the data altered (not the dates)? I just would neet to check some lines to see what is really happening.

Regards

Labels