Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

yearly moving average tableau or alteryx

Kk_larsen
8 - Asteroid

Hi guys,

I have wha I think is a bit difficult task. I need to calculate an average for each area and each KPI and visualize in a tableau dashboard. The dashboard looks as follows and I would like to add an extra column that has the average of the months in the current year.

Kk_larsen_0-1615983328101.png

I was thinkiing of doing it in alteryx. Do you have any suggestions,

My data looks like this:

Kk_larsen_1-1615983483859.png

i was thinking of add a summarize tool in alteryx tnad the group by area, kpi, year and average over the value, however it doesn't seem to make sense when I want to add it in the dashboard in tableau.

Hope ypu guys can help!

4 REPLIES 4
raychase
11 - Bolide

Easy peasy in Tableau using level of detail expressions to fix the average at the year, area, and kpi level (basically excluding month).

Also easy peasy in Alteryx using the summarize tool, you'll just need to be careful with the aggregation you select in Tableau (ie. summing up multiple rows of the same data will give you an artificially high value.  Instead, you'd want to use a MIN or MAX).

Kk_larsen
8 - Asteroid

w in tableau exactly? @raychase 

raychase
11 - Bolide

@Kk_larsen 

https://public.tableau.com/views/KPIExample_16165355349570/KPI?:language=en&:display_count=y&publish...

Here's an example I created that you can download and tweak as necessary.  I misunderstood your original ask, but it's still easily doable using two separate sheets strategically arranged to look seamless.

Kk_larsen
8 - Asteroid

Thank you very much! That was exactly what I was looking for!

How do you laign the two so they fit perfectly to the correct KPI? :--)

Labels