Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

writing a code function

Faisalomran1
7 - Meteor

so I am new to Alteryx, and I think what I am trying to do should be easy.

I have two column (column A) and (column B) column A: has a number. column B: has the correspondent date for the numbers in (column A). 

I am trying to output a new (column c) for the values in Column A that has two different correspondent dates from column B. ( same number with different correspondent dates ). I hope this one is clear. 

your help would be much appreciated. 

8 REPLIES 8
AbhilashR
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@Faisalomran1 - Attached is a sample solution that should give you an idea around implementing this in Alteryx.

Hope this helps.

Faisalomran1
7 - Meteor

thank for your help, but what I wanted to do is to only include the one appearing with different dates ( the database this way included both; the one appearing with the same date more than once, and the one appearing with different dates)

AbhilashR
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Can you post some sample data for us to get a sense of what you have, and what you are looking for?

Faisalomran1
7 - Meteor

sample......png

 the database contains more columns and raws but I only want to separate it into two ( the API number with more than one (job start date)) and the (API number with one job start date) ) each of the separated data base will contain all the columns and raws included in the original database. 

AbhilashR
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@Faisalomran1 - in other words given the data in your latest post, you need a logical way of identifying API Numbers that have more than 1 JobStartDate, and those that dont? Essentially a new column to signify Repeated or Not Repeated?

If yes, the approach I posted should serve your purpose. If not, can you type out the desired output you are looking for?

Faisalomran1
7 - Meteor

im not looking for the repeated, what im looking for is the ( API number ) that has two different ( jobstart date).

thank you so much for your help

AbhilashR
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Perhaps this solution should be applicable in your case. You GroupBy API Number and do a count distinct on Job Start Date and join it back to your original dataset to identify API Numbers that have multiple Job Start Dates.

AbhilashR_0-1585614658270.png

Faisalomran1
7 - Meteor

thank you so much for your help

Labels