Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

workflow keep shows bug

lilyyangadsk
9 - Comet

lilyyangadsk_0-1659676022994.png

Do you know why workflow keep shows bug? 

1 REPLY 1
cpapaioannou
7 - Meteor

Hi @lilyyangadsk,

Although I cannot provide an answer to why the WF keeps throwing the bug error, I will try to suggest some workarounds that have always helped me resolving such issues:

1. Start isolating parts of the workflow (with disabled containers) and keep running until you figure out which part of the workflow throws the error. Seeing that your runtime is rather high, check first if the error occurs when you set an input record limit to all input databases or the largest one (e.g. Workflow config pane > Runtime > Record limit for all inputs)

2. Pay attention to potential deadlocks within the workflow. It happened to me once that a deadlock was causing the issue and alteryx did not identify correctly the error. Sometimes error was caused by misplaced Block-Until-Done tools.

3. Pay attention to data cleansing. sometimes (especially when changing versions) the macro-tool causes such issues. Try deleting it and creating an identical one. 

Hope these will help you.

Labels