Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

values

enkenmendoza
7 - Meteor

Expected Output: (Header)

Trans DateReference NumberLine Item TextTransactNoAccount NameG-L AcctDebitCredit

5 REPLIES 5
mot
11 - Bolide

Hi @enkenmendoza,

You could use text to columns tool, but you might need to clean the data a bit. Could you attach a sample txt file? Thank you.

enkenmendoza
7 - Meteor

Hi, I have attached sample .txt file. Hope you could help me with this one. Thanks!

messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@enkenmendoza,

Please see below:

messi007_0-1614272880412.png

Hope this helps!

Attached the workflow,

Regards

skeen503979
8 - Asteroid

@enkenmendoza 

This is a very tricky format.  It may not be the easiest path, but it may help to import it as a fixed width text file.  Below is my best guess at the intended columns.  The Text To Columns tool would be ideal, but your current format doesn't seem to have any clean delimiters with which to separate data into columns.

skeen503979_1-1614272957886.png

skeen503979_0-1614272897742.png

messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@skeen503979,

With a fixed width text file, If you update the file with a new one you have to do the same split every time which is time consuming 🙂

Regards,

Labels