Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

using shapefiles

albert_alaluf
9 - Comet

Hello all,

I hope everybody is doing well.

I'm new on spatial analysis and I have an odd question. 

I have a project with multiple phases. To start, I have location information as lon/lat and shapefiles. Assume that location information is target users and shapefiles are the store locations. My question is how to join them? I like to show if the user (or group of users) is inside the shape or not?

Any sample simple data with shapefile for illustration purposes will help me too much?

Also is it possible to get any geo information from the shapefile? Let's say shapefiles are the cities, is there a way to filter them?

The first part is more important than the second.

Any contribution is appreciated.

Thanks

Albert

3 REPLIES 3
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @albert_alaluf ,

Are store locations a polygon or a point? If it is a point, please describe base on what you want to join them.

How do you want to filter your cities? Based on another location?

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

albert_alaluf
9 - Comet

User locations as point and store locations as polygon, assuming 5 to 10 miles radius. 

Filter is from the shapefile, or as same as  the user city, zip code, county etc. Due to the shapefile is large, I like to limit based on my analysis.

Albert

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @albert_alaluf ,

I'm attaching a solution showing how to work with spatial match tool.

Related to the 2nd question, it is not possible to filter data before loading the data to Alteryx Designer, if your file doesn't change much, I suggest you to save your shp file as a yxdb to help load the data faster. 

Best,

Fernando V.

Labels