Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

use the last month output, accumulate with the current month and update database

natalia_flood
6 - Meteoroid

Hello everybody! I have a puzzle here and I need help! I have translated a KPI from excel to a workflow in alteryx and I create a .yxdb. Every month, I need to use the last month output (most update database) and update it with the values of current month and generate a new output that will be used to the next month and, so on. I am trying to automatize this process. The data from the current month it's a ETL input that I need to schedule to be upload every month, this will be blend with last month .yxdb to generate the monthly KPI. I need to create a macro that brings me automatically the last .yxdb at the same time my etl scheduler is running Does it make sense? Help PLEASE

3 REPLIES 3
DawnDuong
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

hi @natalia_flood 

1) Create a folder structure with 2 sub-folders: for a) Current month and b) Cumulative prior month

2) Save the procedure that you want to run as a standard macro with 2 macro inputs and 1 macro output.

- the 2 macro inputs point to (1a) current month data and (1b) cumulative prior month as mentioned above

- the macro output is the blended result

3) Create a new workflow to save over the old (1b) with the new output from 2. This can be done by 2 tools: data input tool (output from 2) > data output tool (override 1b).

You can also modify this into a chained app to automate the process instead of running 2 separate workflows.

Hope this helps.
Dawn.

natalia_flood
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you Dawn, I will try and Can I come back to you?

DawnDuong
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Sure, good luck! Hope the solutions work.

Labels