Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

[urgent, please help!] Multiple Macro Output, same file name with different sheets

hungdm
8 - Asteroid

I developed a workflow which contains multiple output branches, but later on, I only want to output all of those branches into 1 single file containing multiple sheets.

How can I achieve this goal?

Many thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @hungdm,

You need to use reporting tools to achieve this.

This is the article that should help you (it have a workflow example you can just download it).

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Using-Reporting-Tools-to-create-Mul...

If this was helpful for you please mark my post as a solution.

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@hungdm 
Maybe we try to use the Block and Done Tool.
Create and Include a full Path Field in your each branch, including SheetName.

Qiu_1-1614928367173.png

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Given that you're dynamically specifying the file name - you can do the same with the sheet name in your formula tool - and the output tools will write to the same file in different sheets.

I agree with @Qiu 's point about using a block until done so that you don't end up with multiple writes trying to happen at the same time.

Excel files have the format c:\temp\testfile.xlsx|||sheet1 - so you just need to change the sheet name using a formula.

Labels