Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

updating values in text input with interface tools

Matthew
11 - Bolide

i am trying to use a text input to modify parameters in my python tool. and then i am updating the text input using interface tools

but the  values arent updating.. does anyone know why these values won't change?

NothingButThyme_0-1638553689929.png

2 REPLIES 2
Matthew
11 - Bolide

never mind.. my solution works just fine. but it only works when i call the macro from another workflow. it doesnt work in the macro itself

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @Matthew 

Congrats on catching that. It's a point that is not obvious.  Another hidden gem is that you can debug a macro from within the macro itself with a set of input params,  Go the Test View page in the Interface designer and enter the test values for all your questions

danilang_0-1638717189028.png

Click the Open debug button and it will open a new version of the workflow with all values replaced as if the replacements had been performed by the action tools.  You can also save/load a particular set of parameter values.

Dan

Labels