Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

unselect fields in standard/tool macro? pass through additional fields?

jbradshaw
6 - Meteoroid

I have an email cleaning Macro that does a bit of parsing, comparing, concatenating and joining.  At the end of this are a few fields that were part of the work but are not necessary as outputs.  Questions:

1 - How do i turn off those fields so they are not output from the actual tool?

2 - There will be additional fields pushed in, name, for example.  how do i configure the macro so that these fields make it through the macro?  everything but the email fields are dropping off currently

If i put a select tool in the macro itself to remove the unnecessary fields it will limit the outputs to only what is selected, regardless of what is passed in.  This means that when I pass in "name" with "email" then "email" is still all I get out of the tool.  When I take out the select I get everything, but there are a few i don't want.

The working macro is attached 

2 REPLIES 2
chris_love
12 - Quasar

Have you tried using the Unknown option in the Select tool? This will pass / stop any fields that haven't been specified in the Select tool based on whether this is ticked or not.

2015-10-13_19-06-13.jpg

jbradshaw
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you Chris!  It's definitely those finer points that make things a LOT easier

Labels