Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

unable to open archive for unzipping

lancegoh1
7 - Meteor

hello,

I'm curious as to why I'm getting this error reason being that all my input excel files are not zipped.

can someone please help?

Regards,

Lancealteryx test.png

6 REPLIES 6
KaneG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @lancegoh1,

An xlsx file is a zip file full of XML files. This error normally occurs because the file is open already somewhere else.

lancegoh1
7 - Meteor

hello kane thanks for your reply.

I manage to solve the issue, it turns out that my excel file was encrypted, so I had to decrypt it under classifications and alteryx could read the file.

Cheers!

Lance

Abi1
5 - Atom

Could you please let me know how you decrypt the files. I have hundreds of files to read and I am not sure which file was encrypted. I keep on getting this error, when I try to combine the files. 

yassirelyamani
5 - Atom

Hi, has there been any solution for this? I'm getting the same error when I try to overwrite a sheet of an excel file in a network drive. when I run the same workflow with the output tool pointing to a local drive I don't get the error

KaneG
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Most likely the file is not encrypted, that was just the case with the original question asker here. 99% of the time when you get that error, it is because the file is open.

Marenza
5 - Atom

Hi,

I had the same issue, one of my 23 input files gave this error. 
What I've done is not to start the name of the file with * (asterix), i.e. my files follow naming convention like 2020 Q2 Italy..., 2020 Q2 Spain. So instead of "* Italy" I specified as "20* Q* Italy", This prevent starting file name with * or $ and also gives flexibility to pick up files for workflow for specific countries next quarter and so on

The encryption/decryption was irrelevant as I haven't put any passwords into my input files at all,  In addition I found this error only for one file when I stored and run files and Alteryx workflows from network drive (ShareDrive) however when I moved files to SharePoint (via Teams) this issue hasn't occurred even though I used the same input files. So try another location to see if works better. 

Best regards and good luck!

Labels