Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

trunctated fields blob tool

SAPaul
8 - Asteroid

SAPaul_1-1593151931643.png

Capture.PNG

SAPaul_2-1593157415556.png

 hi all

i am using the blob tool to redirect files and im coming onto where, the file name is truncated then the blob tool doesnt work. attached image of file making formula and sizes. ( i had amended 'file name rev daily' size but it made no difference)

it works perfectly on file names less than 256 characters, anything more than that and it errors, any help?

2 REPLIES 2
PeterA1
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @SAPaul  do you have a sample workflow you can attach? I am trying to replicate this on my end and will report back. A screenshot of the workflow would also help along with the exact error. 

PeterA1
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hey @SAPaul I have an update, it seems you may have stumbled upon a limitation on the windows end itself. This community post illustrates the same error and also has a workaround presented which happens on the Windows end. I can confirm by the way that when under 260 my workflow can read a Blob in: 

PeterA1_0-1593184453323.png

And over, I get an error saying that it cannot access the file: 

PeterA1_1-1593184489929.png

Labels