Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

transpose

Kjaer
8 - Asteroid

Hi

I have attached table 1 as I want to transpose to table 2. I can´t find the solution. Can you help me?

Best regard

Thomas Kjaer

3 REPLIES 3
AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @Kjaer ,

The first step would be to transpose your year columns because you want those in rows in your output. But because you want to have your Afd fields as column headers later on, you should group on those during transposing to keep them in a single column.

After you transpose your data, you should have your new column headers in one column (Afd), the new values in another column and finally the field to group by (your year) in a third separate field. Now you should use the cross-tab tool, to bring the data back to the desired format.

AngelosPachis_0-1610220661566.png

Hope that helps,

Angelos

Kjaer
8 - Asteroid

Hi

Thanks a lot. Now it works.

Best regards

Thomas

ll98
9 - Comet

Hi 

I have same issue with transpose -- where I'm not getting the results that I'm looking for .. I attached the WF with the input as well as how I want the data to represent in excel.  Any help is greatly appreciated,.

Labels