community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Upgrade Alteryx Designer in 10 Steps

Debating whether or not to upgrade to the latest version of Alteryx Designer?

LEARN MORE

transforming data that is outputted to different worksheets

Meteoroid

Hi all,

I've been trying to figure out the answer to this query I have for a few hours now and have been unable to do so on my end. I start off by have my original input file (one worksheet with compiled data) written to a new file that is separated into worksheets by values in a specific field. I was able to do this using the Output tool properly.  

I then want to take the data from that output and within each worksheet, sum the values of another specified field and have a sum total in the bottom of that field for each worksheet. The issue I'm running into is that the workbook that will be inputted weekly can vary as one week there can be 5 worksheets and another there can be 10 depending on what field values appear that week.

I thought about using the dynamic input and union tool, but that would've just brought be back to step 1.

The desired output I have from this workflow is just the file broken up into different worksheets within the same workbook based off that specific field with the sum total of another value appearing on the bottom. How can I achieve this? Thanks in advance!

Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @tinonsaha 

I think you may well be able to achieve everything in the first workflow.

It may be a combination or summarize tools and/or multi-row formulas.

Do you have any example data you can upload?

Labels