Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

the real datetimenow ?

b_sab
5 - Atom

I have a workflow that is scheduled at 11pm. due to some server delay, it might take up until 1:30am to start running (queued from 11pm tp 1:30am). If the workflow starts running at 11pm, then I need to get data for current day, if it starts running at 1:30am, then I need to get data of pervious day (from my input).

the question is, the datetimenow function is based on the workflow "date created" time in the server or the actual time when it starts running ?

2 REPLIES 2
echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Datetimenow() pulls the current date and time at runtime.

Thinking about your issue, you can probably pull the datetimenow and then use a formula to adjust the date pulled. From there, you can use a dynamic input to adjust the query.

See this link for more information: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/DateTimeNow-Tool-as-input-to-Action/td...

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@b_sab ,

I use:  DateTimeStart() !!!!

datetimenow() changes during the run. If you span midnight, you can get rows of data with different dates. 

Cheers,

mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
Labels