Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

text input cap on 10000 items

jennifer_aulet
7 - Meteor

I am trying to filter some contracts that are over 10000 items, there is a cap on the text input icon, is there any way to surpass this total so I can pull a full range of contracts for analysis?

13 REPLIES 13
gyang3
Alteryx
Alteryx

@jennifer_aulet Regardless of the import or copy/paste method you use, the Text Input tool will only allow a maximum of 10k records per import/paste. You'll need to do it multiple times if you have 124k records. The more efficient way to pull in your 124k records is to:

1. drag and drop your csv file onto the designer canvas OR
  2. pull in a Input Data tool and bring in your file from there.

gyang3_0-1664300289010.png

Please mark this as a solution via Like if this solves your issue.

simonaubert_bd
13 - Pulsar

@jennifer_aulet  Yes, the csv with an input tool will import all the rows, it works even with millions of rows..

jennifer_aulet
7 - Meteor

@gyang3  thank you for this information, is there a way to have multiple text inputs to combine with a filter?

Say I split the items to filter by 13, would I be able to use 13 input text icons and have them filter through selections?

simonaubert_bd
13 - Pulsar

@jennifer_aulet  If you have 13 files, you can use * in your input tool like \\myserver\myfolder\myfile_2022*.csv or you can use 13 input tools+union tool after

Labels