Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

survey data

Luke_Barry
6 - Meteoroid

Hello Alteryx community,

I am just getting started and I need to analyze a survey that my boss gave me.  There are 100+ questions with answers of 1 through 4.  I want to create a report that shows all questions and the percent of total value for each response.

Something like this............

1         2        3       4

1     25%     13%   17%  45%

2     30%     20%   20%   30%

5 REPLIES 5
JoshKushner
12 - Quasar

This solutions uses a healthy combo of tools. See if this works out for you:

Flow:

flow.PNG

Results:

results.PNG

Select:

select.PNG

Formula:

formula.PNG

Summarize:

sum.PNG

Join:
join.PNG

NickC
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hello Luke,

I worked this out by using transposing the data to get it into a vertical structure so I could then work out the percentages.  Currently its hard coded to 19 but you could easily use a summarize and append to get the total number of respondents in a dynamic way.

See workflow attached for v11Luke_barry.png

Luke_Barry
6 - Meteoroid

This was helpful.  Thanks!

Luke_Barry
6 - Meteoroid

Wow!  Thank you for the detailed response.  I got through it with your help!

laquino
5 - Atom

I am not able to open the attachment since it is in a more recent version of Alteryx than what I have through my company.  I am also very new to Alteryx.  Is it possible to provide screenshots or detailed descriptions of what needs to be done at each step from beginning to end?

Labels