Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

sumifs with multirow

Crypto_raccoon
7 - Meteor

Hey! i keep making prgress with transfering excel sheets to automated alteryx solutions all thanks to alteryx community!!! thank you guys! i have another question (i am convinced it is not the last one): 

how do i make it to altreryx using multirow formula? highlighted highlighted function criteria is from the same sheet and athers are not

10 REPLIES 10
pedrodrfaria
13 - Pulsar

Hi @Crypto_raccoon 

It would be better to see the dataset (or a sampled size dataset) to better help you, but to recreate a sumif, all you need to do is a Filter Tool (to do the IF logic) followed by the Summarize Tool (to do the SUM logic). I attached an example. 

pedrodrfaria_0-1613047611357.png

Pedro.

Crypto_raccoon
7 - Meteor

hey! i have tried for 2 days to go with it unfortunately not successfully, i have copied an example of how formula is used

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Crypto_raccoon 

Your Data is corruppted

and would be better if you give sample input and desired ouput.

Qiu_0-1613547175830.png

RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @Crypto_raccoon ,

unfortunately, your file is corrupt (missing data for vlookups), so I try to explain using a more general approach.

2021-02-17_08-44-05.jpg

You have a list of conditions for some fields, data have to be summarized, if all conditions are met. So using a Join tool on all conditional fields, add data to conditions. If there is no data rows fulfilling a specific condition row, it would be excluded from the results, so you have to "union" these conditions to the result. Next step is to calculate the sums.

Hope this is helpful, let me know if you need help applying it to your data.

Best,

Roland

Crypto_raccoon
7 - Meteor

I have made a different version, i am struggling with sheet 3 calculations

RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @Crypto_raccoon ,

I'm a bit confused.

The SUMIFS conditions are:

Column BI, Sheet 1 is "Vacated Through January" 

Column BH, Sheet 1 is "Yes"

Column BD, Sheet 1 = Column A, Sheet 3

If these conditions are true, then sum value in Column BJ, Sheet1

Unfortunately, column BH depends on column B, but column B is empty for both rows

Column BD is also empty, "Vacated through January" seems to be the column header

Crypto_raccoon
7 - Meteor

i am very sorry and need to be more attentive... i am very grateful for whatever even moral help with the file 😅

RolandSchubert
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Getting closer .,..

2021-02-18_09-15-15.jpg

I still do not understand the condition for column BI. Do you expect cells  in BI to contain "Vacated Through January" or the header to be "Vacated Through January"?

Crypto_raccoon
7 - Meteor

the idea is when person leaves his id is deleted and in the vacated column appears vacated through january

Labels