Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

sum mulitple rows on the basis of values in other fileds

RaghavanR
8 - Asteroid

I have table which contains sales numbers and Balance numbers on a daily basis. I have to prepare a weekly report by considering weekend as every friday.

Balances are non- cumulative in nature meaning , for the particular week, I have to take balance as of Friday as the weekly balance whereas for Sales, weekly sales will be the sum of all the days sales in a week.

I have attached sample excel file. Column named "WK Amount" highlighted in yellow is what i am tryng to produce in Alteryx but no success.

Weekend will not always be Friday, it will be the last working day in a week if Friday happens to be a bank holiday. Also if a week starts with Bank holidays, the subsequent day will be counted as start of the day.

Especially during the week from 06th April 2020 to 10th April 2020, Friday is a bank holiday so that will have only 4 days starting from 1 to 4

the subsequent week starting from 13th April 2020 to 17th April 2020, Monday is a bank holiday so that will have only 4 days starting from 1 (being Tuesday) to 4.

Can some one please help me how can i achieve this alteryx? 

Thanks in advance! 

Raghavan 

4 REPLIES 4
ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @RaghavanR - Hope I understood your task correctly. Please find attached workflow.

ArtApa_0-1610837906882.png

RaghavanR
8 - Asteroid

Thanks ArtApa for your kind and quick help. I am new to Alteryx and trying to replicate the same with my own workflow by using the logic you applied in the workflow. I will keep you posted. Thanks again for your quick help!

RaghavanR
8 - Asteroid

Sorry @ArtApa instead of marking your answer as Solution I have marked my question as solution. I couldn't correct it. Is there a way I can change it? I am extremely sorry!

RaghavanR
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @ArtApa, your solution worked like a wonder. I have tweaked it to include few other identifiers under Balance category and Sales category. Good Experience! Thanks again for your quick and fantastic help!

Labels