Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

sum by Year

aberthiaume
7 - Meteor

Hello, 

I am trying to get calculations based on a few different things, but when I summarize I am duplicating so many of my rows.  .  Attached is my data file.  

Basically what I want is 3 things:

Sum of Opioids Administered by TimeFrame

Sum of Opioids Administered by State and TimeFrame 

Sum of Opioids Administered by KDS ID and Time Frame.  

My Timeframes are Baseline and Performance.  Currently I am using the Sum tool to do each of these individually then joining them back together.  In doing so, I am duplicating my rows time and time again.  I know there is an easier way to do this.  

The attached data is my current output. I really shouldn't have any more rows than the 375 in this file, but I am getting way more than that.  Also, I have tried Union and Join.  

3 REPLIES 3
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @aberthiaume ,

Attached is an example showing how to accomplish what you need.

Let me know if that works for you.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

aberthiaume
7 - Meteor

This is perfect! Thank you!  

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

opiods administered summary.png

Please take a look at the attached workflow. This should provide the summarized data at the varying levels of granularity that you requested. As far as bringing these data points back together, it depends on how you will ultimately be using this data. 

Edit: Looks like @fmvizcaino joined it back just how you were looking for!

Labels