Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

splitting columns and convert to row

Kutay
7 - Meteor

Hi All,

I have a dataset looks like this. 

Current Output:

AdTag_IDBrowser_IDeventData_clickthrough_click_abcdeventData_clickthrough_click_efgheventData_service_click_abcdeventData_service_click_efgheventData_service_d2s_abcd
1234chrome1    
9999firefox  1  
2345safari 1   
2222safari    1

Instead of having multiple columns such as  clickthrough_'abcd',clickthrough_'efgh'  .... and service_click'abcd' service_click_'efgh' .... , I would like to have 3 main columns clickthrough_click,service_click  and service_d2s with values such as 'abcd', 'efgh' etc. 

Desired Output:

AdTag_IDBrowser_IDclickthrough_clickservice_clickservice_d2s
1234chromeabcd  
9999firefox abcd 
2345safariefgh  
2222safari  abcd

Thank you so much for help!

Best,

Kutay

3 REPLIES 3
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Kutay I mocked up a workflow that produces the output you describe. Let me know what you think?

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @Kutay 

The key here is to transpose the data first so that you can extract what you need from the headers, then cross tab it back to the orientation you need. See the attached workflow for an example. 

Hope this helps!

Kenda_0-1597064219192.png

Kutay
7 - Meteor

Hi @Kenda  and @JosephSerpis ,

Thank you so much for your help!  I tried both of the solutions and they worked perfectly.

Best,

Kutay

Labels