community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
#SANTALYTICS

The highly anticipated Alteryx Community tradition is back! We hope you'll join us!

Learn More

split data for a year by Month

Meteor

i have working alteryx workflow that gives me data for a whole year and need to be able to spit it by month. what is the best way to do this?

Alteryx
Alteryx

Hey @novice1 ,

Can see the workflow logic in your attachment, but it doesn't actually include your data.  Are you able to post a sample of the inputs or show what it looks like as far as the date format? 

Also worth noting that you can package up a workflow with data by going to Options > Export Workflow and checking the boxes on the Inputs, which will include them in the.yxzp

Meteor

Hi, I have a workflow that gives me data for a year using SQL query.

Then i apply formula to work out 1st of the current month.

DateTimeAdd(DateTimeToday(),(DateTimeDay(DateTimeToday())-1)*-1,"days")

STORE_NBRODVolumeSales

I assume i would have to do something similar to get 1st of the month for remaining data? Would you be able to advise?

Meteor

ps. my SQL query is built using Gregorian date

Highlighted
Alteryx
Alteryx

@novice1  Can you share an example of what the date looks like coming in and what you'd like your end result to be? 

If your goal is to parse the Month or Month-Year out of your date, you can do so with a date-time tool or formula to format the date into the Alteryx recognized format of YYYY-MM-DD.

Followed by a formula of DateTimeFormat([Date],"%B-%Y") would give you month-year, or just a "%B" would return month only.

Meteor

Meteor

I have shared few workflows that i am trying to modify. one is pulling current month data and another one is for Year To Date

Labels