Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

sort data in a batched data in a specific in the interactive chart too.

razzy
8 - Asteroid

Hi ,

I am trying to sort the field drug in a specific order on the visualization of the interactive chart but even with the sort i the chart give its own order for the output. Can anyone help me with how i can achieve a manual sort for output on the chart. Thanks for your help. Attached is the workflow.

8 REPLIES 8
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @razzy,

I believe sometimes the you need to delete the Interactive Graph tool and place another to reset it. Would you be able to attach the data too as the workflow still links to your PC.  Do you also have a picture of the issue?

Ira Watt
Technical Consultant
Watt@Bulien.com 

razzy
8 - Asteroid

Hi Irawatts

Thanks for responding.

This is the dataset

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@razzy the interactive chart tool does seem to mess with the order. Perhaps you could use this approach and sort after the tool:

IraWatt_0-1660935829678.png

razzy
8 - Asteroid

@IraWatt 

Thanks a lot it seem to work but not yet as desired i need to do a manual sort, like i can order the the way i need to output the drugs order instead of ascending and descending. That's what i am trying to accomplish. Can you please help on that.

Regards.

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@razzy sure what is the logic you want to apply? The general approach is to split the data and use the union tool to reorder. For instance if I wanted to put drug dde7c on top I could split it out then union it on top of the other drugs:

IraWatt_0-1660938625669.png

razzy
8 - Asteroid

@IraWatt 

Thank you i have tried the workflow but after the union again the sort looses its effect.

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@razzy do you have AMP engine on?

IraWatt_0-1660993544760.png

razzy
8 - Asteroid

@IraWatt 

Thank you so much i have got with AMP engine configuration and its seem working with the sort. The last part is where i am stuck. I want to output four graphs on the same line which i did before the only thing was i was not able to do was sort on the output. Now the sort works but it does not reflect on the output. Desired would be the sort applied to output as four graphs on the same line.  See attached on the procedure i applied. Thanks again

Labels