Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

snowflake bulk load string is too long

Daflinders
7 - Meteor

I have been issues loading anything using the snowflake bulk loader. I did download the latest driver and I have attempted to follow the instructions my IS team has given me, however, it keeps giving me errors and doesn't  like any of the data I give it. 

Here is a list of the errors I get- I try to eliminate the columns giving me the error just see if I can get anything through.

Output Data (5) DataWrap2ODBC::SendBatch: String '62000' is too long and would be truncated Insert into "TUBEFAB"."RMTRANSACTION"("ITNBR","HOUSE","UPDDT","TRNDT","UPDTM","TCODE","TRQTY","ORDNO","DPTNO","WKCTR","OPSEQ_1","TBCDE","SRLHU","BADGE") Values (?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?)

Error: Output Data (5): DataWrap2ODBC::SendBatch: String '0100' is too long and would be truncated Insert into "RMTRANSACTION"("ITNBR","HOUSE","UPDDT","TRNDT","UPDTM","TCODE","TRQTY","ORDNO","DPTNO","OPSEQ_1","TBCDE","SRLHU","BADGE") Values (?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?)

Output Data (5) DataWrap2ODBC::SendBatch: String '1160717' is too long and would be truncated Insert into "TUBEFAB"."RMTRANSACTION"("ITNBR","HOUSE","UPDDT","TRNDT","UPDTM","TCODE","TRQTY","ORDNO","DPTNO","TBCDE","SRLHU","BADGE") Values (?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?)

Error: Output Data (5): DataWrap2ODBC::SendBatch: Numeric value '7279' is out of range Insert into "TUBEFAB"."RMTRANSACTION"("ITNBR","HOUSE","UPDTM","TCODE","TRQTY","ORDNO","DPTNO","TBCDE","SRLHU","BADGE") Values (?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?,?)

I tried to start from ground zero and simplify it so I can get it working before I try any of the data transforming and cleansing that I want to do so this is how I currently have my workflow looking

Daflinders_0-1608760709760.png

5 REPLIES 5
ChiN
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

HI @Daflinders 

Seems like it can be related to your data types. Try to increase the size for your string values and see if it works for string values. Let me know. 

Daflinders
7 - Meteor

I tried adjusting the range and it still isn't liking it. It gives me another error

Daflinders_0-1609195681734.png

Daflinders_1-1609195732487.png

Daflinders_2-1609195760293.png

Daflinders
7 - Meteor

@ChiN 

I even tried changing the data type to an 64integer and I still get the same error as shown in my previous comment.

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @Daflinders,

Try and change the Data size in your snowflake table where you are trying to insert the values.

Sapna Gupta
Daflinders
7 - Meteor

It seems that it is giving me a new error now. I don't know why the the error changed but I'm guessing this is closer to the actual problem? Suggestions?

Daflinders_0-1611677011823.png

Labels