Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

smartsheet connector

RogerS
Alteryx
Alteryx

Here is a macro that allows you to pull down from the smartsheet API.  Download and import the macro and save it to your desktop.  Next you will need to go the options and click on User settings-Edit user settings and then choose the Macros tab at the top.  Using the + symbol to the right you can navigate to folder that contains the smartsheet Macro.  The Macro will now show up in your connector category.  To use the Macro you will need to enter your API key and answer yes to refresh smartsheet Names.  After you have a list of smartsheet names you can set refresh to No and choose the sheet from the second drop down to retrieve the data.  Hope this helps!

43 REPLIES 43
ThomasT
8 - Asteroid

Are you referring to the "Get SmartSheet Sheet, Column and Row Ids" workflow from page 2 of this thread? That's the one that will give you all the column/row id's per sheet. You just have to update your token, no need to manipulate the endpoint. 

lowkeyspglobal
7 - Meteor

Hi All - I see that the most recent reply on this thread is from two years ago and there's a lot of tool needed to output Alteryx to Smartsheet. Do we have any tool directly connecting Alteryx to Smartsheet now which would push a workflow's output? Thank you!

ThomasT
8 - Asteroid

@lowkeyspglobal unfortunately not yet to my knowledge. I specialize in Alteryx/Smartsheet API and still have to manually arrange the outputs from Alteryx into Smarsheet via row/column id's. It works but can be cumbersome on larger sheets. If you need any help feel free to IM me.

neelp0816
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Thomas - Do you know how I can write multiple rows of data to an existing Smartsheet sheet via Alteryx? With the help from this thread, I am able to pull data from Smartsheet and write only a single row to my target sheet. I want to be able to write multiple rows of data into my existing sheet. I envision my workflow to constantly overwrite the data when I publish to my Smartsheet sheet. Any insight into this is much appreciated! Thank you.  

Nibedita_Ghosal
5 - Atom

This Macro is giving the URL of the SmartSheet as output only
How to pull data from a particular Sheet 

ThomasT
8 - Asteroid

@neelp0816 apologies, I must have missed your replies. Please let me know if you still require help on this topic.

@Nibedita_Ghosal can you share a sreenshot of what you are referring to please. 

ddavis07
5 - Atom

Is there a way to extract attachments from Smartsheet rows?

Nibedita_Ghosal
5 - Atom

I want to pull some data from Smartsheet to Alteryx 
But using this Macro I am getting only the link I am providing as input that , not getting the data of that Smartsheet page

itsrog
5 - Atom

Unfortunately, I don't believe so.

itsrog
5 - Atom

I don't use the macro to connect - I use the ODBC live connector. Once you set up your ODBC connection using the API key from Smartsheet you can connect and pull like any other ODBC data source.

Labels