Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

smartsheet connector

RogerS
Alteryx
Alteryx

Here is a macro that allows you to pull down from the smartsheet API.  Download and import the macro and save it to your desktop.  Next you will need to go the options and click on User settings-Edit user settings and then choose the Macros tab at the top.  Using the + symbol to the right you can navigate to folder that contains the smartsheet Macro.  The Macro will now show up in your connector category.  To use the Macro you will need to enter your API key and answer yes to refresh smartsheet Names.  After you have a list of smartsheet names you can set refresh to No and choose the sheet from the second drop down to retrieve the data.  Hope this helps!

43 REPLIES 43
itsrog
5 - Atom

@RogerS 

Will this work on Alteryx Server? I have been able to manually connect and refresh files from Smartsheet, but when I try to run those workflows from the server it errors out. 

leonardhon
5 - Atom

I tried to add the username and password on the connection on the download workflow and put the sheet id in the formula workflow. However, I got the error as shown in the attachment. Any idea what I have missed in order to get it right?

sgao
7 - Meteor

I got the same error

mengfan
5 - Atom

Thanks a lot for sharing the macro!! It is really helpful! Just a quick question, under the "choose smartsheet name", it seems list certain number of smartsheet. I have 100+ smartsheet and the one that I am trying to pull from is not listed in the drop down. If there is anywhere in the macro to increase the number limit? Thank you very much!

Bab550
5 - Atom

This is because the API limits only 100 records to be returned (https://smartsheet-platform.github.io/api-docs/#paging).  If you open up the previously attached macro and replace the new sheet text input with this API url, you will get all values.  

https://api.smartsheet.com/2.0/sheets?includeAll=true

ThomasT
8 - Asteroid

Hi all, 

has anyone attempted to update formulas through Alteryx in a Smartsheet sheet? 

I'm using the 'Update Row Smartsheet' workflow from this topic (page 2 from @ivoller ) chain and have managed to update 'Text' in my sheets, but can't work out how to parse or simply update and existing formula in a sheet. 

There is some discussion on stackoverflow that this works now with the Smartsheet API, but since I'm not a programmer it's all a foreign language to me. This is what my String looks like before it goes into the download tool as a BLOB:

{"id": "111111111111111", "cells": [ {"columnId": 11111111111111111, "value": "=[Actual.]6}" ] }

When I run the string the "value" is parsed as text and shows in the Smarsheet sheet as " '=[Actual.]6 ". So the ' in front makes sure it's not a formula similar to MS excel. I've tried to run the string without the quotation marks, but that didn't work eg.

{"id": "111111111111111", "cells": [ {"columnId": 11111111111111111, "value": =[Actual.]6} ] }

I hope this makes sense, maybe @ivoller  or @RogerS are still around to help and if not that thanks anyway for the workflows and macros provided here, would get there in years. 

Cheers,

Thomas

ThomasT
8 - Asteroid

In case anyone is interested, here is the way too easy solution. 

{"id": "111111111111111", "cells": [ {"columnId": 11111111111111111, "formula": "=[Actual.]6}" ] }

EtamSoko
8 - Asteroid

hi all, 

can anyone help me how does the input looks like in the macro that has been mentioned before? What exactly should be the 'endpoint' ?

thanks!

MK

ThomasT
8 - Asteroid

Hi MateK, 

I'm not quite sure what you are looking for. The endpoint is specified in the SmartsheetInputV2. Can you be a bit more specific what exaclty you are looking for? 

In case you run a macro you would have to replace the respective id's. Feel free to message me and I'll see if I can help. 

Thomas

EtamSoko
8 - Asteroid

hi Thomas, I am basically looking to pull the column ID's with the macro posted earlier in this thread, and I was not sure what format should be the 'endpoint'. When I tried the url of the smartsheet, it did not work.

Thanks,

MK

Labels