Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

smartsheet connector

RogerS
Alteryx
Alteryx

Here is a macro that allows you to pull down from the smartsheet API.  Download and import the macro and save it to your desktop.  Next you will need to go the options and click on User settings-Edit user settings and then choose the Macros tab at the top.  Using the + symbol to the right you can navigate to folder that contains the smartsheet Macro.  The Macro will now show up in your connector category.  To use the Macro you will need to enter your API key and answer yes to refresh smartsheet Names.  After you have a list of smartsheet names you can set refresh to No and choose the sheet from the second drop down to retrieve the data.  Hope this helps!

43 REPLIES 43
Juliendu40000
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @ivoller,

I looked into your sample flow and I think that I understood most of it. Could you tell me more about what I need to change if I want to update existing rows (PUT) instead of POST.

Thanks,

Julien

ivoller
12 - Quasar

Hi @Juliendu40000 

It's very similar to the Add records except we need a BLOB input for a PUT HTTP action. See attached.

The only real difference here apart from converting the JSON to BLOB is that we needed to add an ID for the row to be updated.

Let me know if there's anything I can help with. Remember that the Download data of the Download Tool will give useful information in the case of failure. Otherwise it just lets you know what was loaded.

Same provisos in this flow re API Token and Sheet IDs used.

Iain

ivoller
12 - Quasar

@Juliendu40000 

Attached is a flow to get all of the sheet, column and row ids

Juliendu40000
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @ivoller,

Thanks for sharing the workflow. I am unable to open it though. Could you please check the file?

Thanks,

Julien

ivoller
12 - Quasar

Hi @Juliendu40000,

The workflow downloads and works for me. What error are you getting? What version of Alteryx?

_wlm_horton
5 - Atom

I'm getting a network error when I try to download this. Is the file still working?

Will

krehbieh
6 - Meteoroid

Gregory2013
5 - Atom

This would be really helpful!!

krehbieh
6 - Meteoroid

I was able to successfully download the 'Get SmartSheet Sheet, Column and Row Ids.yxmd' workflow with Microsoft Edge.

Gregory2013
5 - Atom

I was able to download the Get Smartsheet Sheet, Column and Row Ids workflow by using Firefox.

Labels