Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Register for the upcoming Live Community Q&A Session - and don't forget to submit your questions for @DeanS regarding the future role of analytics here.

show decimal and commas in export file and adjust column width

Highlighted
8 - Asteroid

Hi masters, I think it should be a common question that I have some string columns and data columns to be exported to excel. For the numbers, I'd like to show them as decimal and commas format and for the string columns I'd like to have them all auto adjusted for the column width to meet the content length. 

Please kindly help!

Thanks!

Highlighted
11 - Bolide

You can use the ToString function to add decimals and thousand comma seperator see here, https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Convert-numbers-to-a-string/td-p/34529...

I don't think there's a way to auto adjust the column widths if you are outputting directly to an Excel file, but you can create a Table using the Table tool in the Reporting section and adjust column widths that way, and output that table to Excel.  Hope that helps.

Highlighted
Alteryx Certified Partner
Alteryx Certified Partner

Hello @SciencePeak ,

To adjust numbers to your desired length i would recommend you to use the fixed decimal data type.

You will see the size to be 19.6 where the ".6" indicates the numbers of decimals which can be from 1 to 6.

For the String values, you would need to use the render tool as @markcurry  suggested.

Regards

Labels