Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

sending email

albert_alaluf
9 - Comet

Hello all,

I like to send email by using check tool (manually defined email) and I have no success so far. I have analytical app, most likely designed with dynamic input and at the end it should send email to selected users. I have an user interface and I ask to the user to check the users in the beginning. I tried many ways, but cannot send email.

Any suggestion

Albert

6 REPLIES 6
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

post it or a sample of it. Are you sure you user interface is working? Post a browse after your filter - add it in interface designer and run your workflow. See if it's configured properly. Can you also post any error messages- your initial description is quite vague.

albert_alaluf
9 - Comet

Hi @apathetichell ,

To make it clear and simplistic way.... I want to select my users from the listbox and send email the ones I clicked. I have some success when I have text box, but it is not practical.

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

post screen grabs of your list box action tool/configs and your overall workflow

albert_alaluf
9 - Comet

That's working.

albert_alaluf_0-1634934341800.png

this is what i tried.

albert_alaluf_1-1634934810326.png

albert_alaluf_2-1634934929107.png

albert_alaluf_3-1634935023573.png

even it says 1 message sent, it is not true. I didn't receive any email.

Please note that, SMTP server names and email addresses are legit.

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

currently you have the list box in select tool mode- this is designed to choose fields. You need to switch it to generate list mode - then you have to make sure it's formatting what it's sending to the e-mail tool the EXACT format of multiple entries. so if it's name@email.com, you need it to configure to generate a list with "," as the separator - for semi colon it's ";" - your quotes have to match exactly too.

you also have it set up to replace the server - not the to: value. So enter a dummy value and then have the action tool configured to replace that.

albert_alaluf
9 - Comet

Appreciated, it worked awesome. 

I still don't understand the logic why do I replace the server with action tool instead of modifying to: part.

However, it worked and this is the most important part.

Thanks again 

Albert

Labels