Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

sending email

albert_alaluf
9 - Comet

Hello all,

I like to send email by using check tool (manually defined email) and I have no success so far. I have analytical app, most likely designed with dynamic input and at the end it should send email to selected users. I have an user interface and I ask to the user to check the users in the beginning. I tried many ways, but cannot send email.

Any suggestion

Albert

6 REPLIES 6
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

post it or a sample of it. Are you sure you user interface is working? Post a browse after your filter - add it in interface designer and run your workflow. See if it's configured properly. Can you also post any error messages- your initial description is quite vague.

albert_alaluf
9 - Comet

Hi @apathetichell ,

To make it clear and simplistic way.... I want to select my users from the listbox and send email the ones I clicked. I have some success when I have text box, but it is not practical.

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

post screen grabs of your list box action tool/configs and your overall workflow

albert_alaluf
9 - Comet

That's working.

albert_alaluf_0-1634934341800.png

this is what i tried.

albert_alaluf_1-1634934810326.png

albert_alaluf_2-1634934929107.png

albert_alaluf_3-1634935023573.png

even it says 1 message sent, it is not true. I didn't receive any email.

Please note that, SMTP server names and email addresses are legit.

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

currently you have the list box in select tool mode- this is designed to choose fields. You need to switch it to generate list mode - then you have to make sure it's formatting what it's sending to the e-mail tool the EXACT format of multiple entries. so if it's name@email.com, you need it to configure to generate a list with "," as the separator - for semi colon it's ";" - your quotes have to match exactly too.

you also have it set up to replace the server - not the to: value. So enter a dummy value and then have the action tool configured to replace that.

albert_alaluf
9 - Comet

Appreciated, it worked awesome. 

I still don't understand the logic why do I replace the server with action tool instead of modifying to: part.

However, it worked and this is the most important part.

Thanks again 

Albert

Labels