Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

select rows with unique ID

MassimoDM
7 - Meteor

hello, I am a beginner and i apologize if the question is reduntant.

I have a table that looks like this: 

IDVALUE

the content of value really doesn't matter right now. I'd like to select only those rows for which ID is unique. this should be the result:

IDVALUE

I can't think of an easy way to do this. Note that this is different from what Unique Tool does.

Can someone help? thanks

6 REPLIES 6
afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @MassimoDM,

you could use this:

Untitled.png

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Regards

tonypreece
10 - Fireball

Hi @MassimoDM 

I almost suggested the unique tool until I read to the end. Here's how you can do it!

Use a Summarise tool and add ID twice: Group by ID and Count ID. Then add a filter for Count = 1 (these are unique).

Finally join your input data back with the filtered unique IDs (Join ID = ID) to only return those records with unique IDs.

tonyp_0-1581684006144.png

AlteryxUserFL
11 - Bolide

The best way to do this is with one tool: The Unique Only tool (Crew Macro Tab). I have attached a sample workflow. 

Capture.PNG

MassimoDM
7 - Meteor

thanks @afv2688 and thanks @tonypreece, both solutions work just fine

MassimoDM
7 - Meteor

you're attachment doesnt actually contain the macro, but I guess I can create one myself with the solution proposed above. thanks!

AlteryxUserFL
11 - Bolide

You may not have crew macros enabled / installed.  I would highly recommend using them. The unique only macro / tool is pre-built.    

Crew Macrows.PNG

Labels